Google+ House Revivals: 2013 Favorite Projects

Sunday, January 5, 2014

2013 Favorite Projects


Sometimes I feel like a really lame blogger.  I wanted to do a post of favorite projects shared on House Revivals Blog this year, and realized I have close to twenty painted furniture projects that just never got shared. How sad is that? It seemed like one of those years when I was trying so hard to get it all done, the extras (like writing about what was getting done) fell by the wayside.


I did manage to eek out a few furniture posts, and several craft tutorials.  Here is a recap of some of the most popular projects on House Revivals in 2013:



This Valentine garland was created from re-purposed cardboard.



My friend Kristine has an antique birch eight-pointed woven advent star that was the inspiration for this version of a woven Advent star.



I was up to my ears in three different remodel projects early in the year, so I needed a quick easy project to do while unwinding. This pretty no-sew cuff was so easy!



Here is a tutorial for a no sew apron made from an up-cycled skirt.



It took, like, a year to get this hallway painted at the beach house.  I was soooooo happy when it was finally done, and immediately unpacked some of our heritage pictures. These poor pictures had been in storage for four years! I shared some interior design "secrets" for creating a successful gallery wall here.



I'm pretty sure I will never get tired of working with vintage book pages, or of weaving Scandinavian stars.  I love playing around with the concept, and experimenting with various strip widths. This is one of my favorite variations.


Beach combing is a favorite past time of mine.  This tutorial shows how to turn little pieces of driftwood into cute little sailboats.


I managed to squeeze in one more woven star tutorial in December!


This pretty pompom garland was another quick project. It was created for a Christmas mantel, but I'll be able to use it all year long!


We had a last minute change of Christmas plans this year, and I was left needing to decorate a tree for our city "crash pad" and all our decorations were at our beach house.  I made several of these folded origami stars, using supplies we happened to have on hand.


Did you get your craft on in 2013?