Google+ House Revivals: How to Dress Up Those Plastic Nursery Pots

Thursday, January 23, 2014

How to Dress Up Those Plastic Nursery Pots

Last Saturday, after hitting all the architectural and building salvage yards in SoDo, I ended up at Home Depot. They have these sweet little potted primroses right now, in pretty pinks and corals and yellows for $1.25 each!


I picked up several, to add to my mantel, but I didn't have nice decorative pots to put them in -- actually, I don't really have space to store things like that in our little urban apartment -- so we got creative.



Basically, we took a page from an old gardening book. No, really. We really took a page (or two) from an old gardening book!


Two vintage book pages are the perfect amount to dress up one four-inch plastic pot.


All you need is some twine, your vintage book pages, and some scissors!


Wrap the pages around the plastic nursery pot, and secure with twine. I found it best to wrap the twine at least two times, to get it nice and snug. Then I just tied a simple bow and trimmed the ends. I also trimmed the excess paper from underneath, so the pots would sit level.


That's all there is to it!


For $1.25, and about two minutes of effort, we now have a cheery reminder that spring is on the way!


I think the primrose pairs well with this African JuJu hat knock-off, made from vintage book pages (watch for the tutorial)!

If you like what you see here, please share! Follow House Revivals on Facebook and check out the sidebar for lots of ways to subscribe to House Revivals posts!