Google+ House Revivals: House Hunting. Again.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

House Hunting. Again.


Life is getting a little crazy at House Revivals.  You've probably noticed I'm not posting as much lately.  That will soon change, but in the mean time, thanks for bearing with me as we go through lots of changes.  The beach house renovation is going very well, but as we near the finish line, it is consuming our days.

 The beach house, before the renovation.

We have also been searching for a more permanent pied-a-terre in the city.  So, when I am here, I am often scouring the internet and running off to meet with our realtor.  On top of everything, our son just finished his master's degree and got a job in our city.  We are very happy to have one of our kiddos nearby.  And he is definitely very nearby.  So near, he's sleeping on our couch until he finds a place to buy. 

So, I am house hunting for him, also, which is how I stumbled upon this:



I found an affordably priced condo midway between my son's job, and the university where he plans to attend med school.  And it has a boat slip. And a parking space. And a storage locker. And canoe storage. And bicycle storage.  As it turns out, the building and location are not hip enough for my kiddo. 

Well, my husband and I started thinking maybe we should buy it.  We're not hip.  I'm pretty sure we've never been hip. And we really like the condo.  And my husband enjoys being able to paddle around exploring the shoreline.

We've made an offer on the property, so now we just wait and see how it all works out. We're a bit skeptical, as it's a bank-owned property, and banks aren't that easy to negotiate with, but who knows?