Google+ House Revivals: Beautiful Kitchen Pantries

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beautiful Kitchen Pantries

I have a serious case of pantry love (okay, maybe that's a nice way of saying pantry envy).   For years, I have collected tear sheets of kitchen pantries.  Here are a few of my favorites.

 If you keep a tidy pantry, a screen door would be a fun addition.  Love the red paint!

Will we ever get tired of chalk board paint?

How about painting the shelves in a bright cheerful color?  Sometime pantries can get a little dark and dreary -- not so this bright yellow number from Country Living.

Not sure which I like more -- the grammar school green chalkboard, or the barn door....

Robbie Caponetto  via
How about layering your doors to create a message center and some pegboard storage?

Of course, not all pantries have doors...

I'm not sure I'm organized enough for completely open storage, but this certainly is a beautiful pantry.

Even a very simple pantry can add function to a kitchen.

If you have lots of lovely serving dishes, why not store them in a shallow pantry with glass doors?

I think my favorite pantry, ever, is this one from Classic Casual Home.  If you haven't been to Mary Ann's blog, you really need to pop over -- her blog is full of drool worthy images of her beach house remodel. While you're there, check out her new office -- it's beautiful!


For a less lovely image, here is my new "pantry".  It will stay very much like this for now, only getting new paint and hardware.


 We do, however, have a grander plan in mind for the space.  Our plan has changed somewhat, since this early concept was created, but it still "feels" the same.


So, tell me, do you have pantry love?  Pantry envy?  
Do you have a pantry? Love it?  Hate it?  

If you've blogged about your pantry (or any pantry), I would love for you to leave a link in the comments.



This post is being linked to the following lovely places:

a beach cottage