Google+ House Revivals: Make a Wire Wrapped Crystal Pendant!

Friday, February 6, 2015

Make a Wire Wrapped Crystal Pendant!

Warning: Once you've been bitten by the wire wrapped jewelry bug, no small object is safe. I shared with you this wire wrapping tutorial several weeks ago, and since then, I have not looked at wire or small objects the same way!


Recently, my son's friend was visiting, and she saw some wire wrapped projects that I did. She had a couple of crystals that she had mined herself, and wanted to learn to wrap them, to give as gifts. The only wire I had on hand at the time was copper, steel, and brass wire from the hardware store.


She chose the brass wire, which was about 20 gauge, I believe. We practiced a few times, and this is what we came up with.


It turned out pretty cute. We added a "messy" bail, which is such a trendy look right now.


This was done using the same method used for these glass gems.  We both loved how the first one turned out, and she is busily working on a second pendant!

Do you craft with guests? I'm not sure how it started, but I seem to craft with guests quite often -- when we're not hanging out on the beach or playing a rousing game of scrabble!