Google+ House Revivals: How to Make Coloring Card Gift Sets

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

How to Make Coloring Card Gift Sets

The struggle is real. What in the world do you do with all those coloring books? I love them, the art is beautiful, and they are fun to color, but if I start coloring now, and color till I die, I will never get them done.


When people find out you're crafty, they give you coloring books. I've got soooo many coloring books, I buy them, people give them to me, and I even had a craft company send me an entire box of the SAME coloring book by mistake.
When I contacted the company, they told me to just keep the books. On top of all that, I design coloring page printables.


I'm always needing little hostess gifts, stocking stuffers, etc, so I decided to turn my overwhelming overabundance of coloring books into something useful, and something that might bring a little joy to others. I also had an endless box of premade card bases that I've been trying to use up.


Do you ever have those "you got peanut butter in my chocolate" moments? (for those of you too young to remember, this was a line from a Reese's commercial in ancient times) Those accidental associations sometimes turn out to be the best ones. I was trying to cram yet more stuff into my very limited craft shelf space, when the card bases and markers and coloring books started to tumble out, and I had one of those moments. Why not combine them into unique little gifts?


This is truly the simplest project. I grabbed up a big stack of card bases, and an Indian themed coloring book, some orphan scrapbook paper (for matting), and some inexpensive markers. I first cut mats to fit the card bases, with a 1/8" reveal on all sides. Then I began to cut up coloring book pages to glue on top of the mats, with the same 1/8" reveal. Then, I stacked them together in sets of three or four cards, tied them with some yarn, and tucked in some pens (colored pencils would also work).


Of course, I couldn't resist coloring one, just for fun.






If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to House Revivals in the sidebar, so you won't miss the fun projects we have planned. Find us on Facebook, too, so you can catch all the "in between" stuff, and see what I'm working on throughout week on Instagram. Feel free to link today's post to all your favorite social media sites.

Thanks for stopping by!
Amanda