Google+ House Revivals: Make a Nautical Inspired Baby Card

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Make a Nautical Inspired Baby Card

I had the privilege of attending a baby shower this week, for a sweet mama who is expecting her second baby boy.


The night before the shower, I realized I didn't have a card, so I pulled out my box of "card kits" to find a suitable envelope.
(You can learn about how I make card kits here.)


I found this cute envelope, made from Anna Griffin paper. Inside all my envelopes, I've tucked an assortment of small scraps that match or coordinate with the envelope.


In the box with the envelopes, I also have large "tags" that were made to fit the envelopes with plenty of room for embellishments. I grabbed two of the tags, as well.


Then I dug through my stash of tools to look for things that might work with a nautical themed baby card. I grabbed a set of baby stamps, some dies, and an anchor punch. I rarely use everything I pull out -- I just grab stuff that might work, then edit things out as I work.


I did not end up using the larger die cuts.


A favorite way to do these tag style cards is to score the second tag, near the top, then glue the cards together, putting glue above the score line. This allows the card to stand, and give you a place to write something or tuck in a gift card. After the two tags are glued together, I punch a hole in the top, and add a piece of ribbon or cord.


For the front of the card, I added a strip of washi that reminded me of a mariners compass. Then torn strips of paper (from the card kit) were added, as well as several cute little anchor punches.


After that, I added one of the mixed media flowers that I made in this post, as well as the So Sweet sentiment from the stamp set, and the die cut sail boat.


The finished card was tucked into the envelope and sealed with the washi tape.



To learn how to make these dimensional flowers from book pages, click here.

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to House Revivals in the sidebar, so you won't miss the fun projects we have planned. Find us on Facebook, too, so you can catch all the "in between" stuff, and see what I'm working on throughout week on Instagram. Feel free to link today's project to your favorite social media sites.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Amanda