Google+ House Revivals: Happy New Year and a Sneak Peek!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year and a Sneak Peek!

Wishing you all a Happy and Joyous New Year!

Here is a sneak peek of yet another traditional Scandinavian woven star.  My friend Kristine found a lovely old window star in an antique store in Sweden back in the eighties and I was inspired to make this version of the star using (of course) vintage book pages.


Like the last inspiration star I shared from my dear friend Tina, Kristine's star is an eight-pointed star with a woven center.  Her star is fragile, and is definitely showing it's age.  I'm loving all these antique stars -- keep them coming!  Kristine's star has the loveliest woven detail on the star tips!


I can't wait to share Kristine's star with you all, and to share the tutorial for how to make your own star inspired by Kristine's antique Swedish star.

Stay tuned!