Google+ House Revivals: Make Pretty Jewelry from Fabric Scraps!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Make Pretty Jewelry from Fabric Scraps!

Last weekend, I quickly popped in to a little thrift shop in the beach town we were visiting. It's a great shop -- lots of new stuff every week and good prices.  I was thrilled to find a little package of vintage hexagon quilt pieces!

I have been a a bit of a jewelry kick lately, so I immediately thought it would be fun to figure out a way to transform the tiny pieces of fabric into pieces of wearable art.
A search of the internet for fabric jewelry ideas threatened to suck me in for hours -- there are so many talented people out there.  Not everything I found will work for my tiny hexagons, but trust me when I say, I have enough scraps of fabric in my stash to stay busy making jewelry till the end of time!

This fabric wrapped bracelet from Anthropologie is artsy and sophisticated.


Check out this scarf style necklace made from two different sizes of yoyos at Ty Pennington's site.


Such a simple and sweet idea to weave strips of fabric through a chunky gold chain, like this one from Anthropologie.

This cloth and bead necklace from Anthropologie is made from strips of vintage indigo fabric. Stunning!


I found this tutorial for tie-dyed fabric jewelry at Dollar Store Crafts.


These little vintage fabric pendants are from the Etsy shop Amourx. Sometimes the simplest designs are the prettiest, don't you think?


Do you have a scrap stash? How long do you think it would take you to craft your way through it?