Google+ House Revivals: Lace Filigree Cabinet Knobs {Anthropologie Inspired}

Friday, August 17, 2012

Lace Filigree Cabinet Knobs {Anthropologie Inspired}

I have a crush on Anthropologie's Lace-Strewn knobs. They are the prettiest robin's egg blue ceramic knobs, with a delicate metal filigree. So sweet:


I like them so much, I was inspired to create my own Anthro inspired knobs.


To make your own Anthropologie inspired cabinet knobs, you will need any set of plain knobs. (mine were wooden)


Clean, lightly sand, prime and paint your knobs.


Find some pretty lace paper doilies and cut out the parts that you want to use.  I actually used a double thickness of doily for greater depth.  I also layered elements for additional dimension.  Lightly glue your layers together in a couple of spots so they will be easier to work with. (hint: use tweezers when working with paper filigree)


Now, you can paint your paper filigree pieces. (you may be able to skip this part if you use metallic doilies)


To give patina to your filigree, apply an antiquing medium and wipe off, leaving the desired amount of patina in all the little nooks and crannies.


Next, decoupage your pieces to your painted cabinet knob -- Mod Podge works great for this.  (I added a clear glossy topcoat to my knobs before this step, but you may not need to if you use a glossy paint)


Now I have two crushes:


The lovely Lace-Strewn knobs from Anthropologie, and these easy to make paper lace knobs.


Thanks for stopping by!  If you've enjoyed this tutorial, and would like to receive more, there are lots of options for following or subscribing in my sidebar.  Also, I love getting your comments, and I REALLY love it when you share projects that were inspired by something you saw here :)

Have a lovely weekend!



This post is being shared at the following lovely places:
Funky Junk Interiors
Tatertots and Jello
Between Naps on the Porch
I Heart Naptime