This is just a quick post to update you on the beach house progress. I was too busy to take interior shots this week, but let me tell you, it's a big mess! There are piles of grass cloth wallpaper all the way down the hall, and in the kitchen and entryway. I'm still not finished with what needs to be done before the drywall guys show up, but hope to finish this weekend.
This is the ONE picture I took (from the cab of my pickup, as I was backing out of the driveway).
Here's a concept shot, so you can get a rough idea of where we're going with the project.
The garage window was nixed for security issues, but we will most likely be adding a Polaris/ golf cart type door in the future. It will look sort of like this, but smaller, and without the cantilevered second floor bump out. Well, it still bumps out, but so does the first floor, so it's not cantilevered.
The shingle patching and repair, is tedious work. The patching around the sliding doors took one contractor the better part of the day to finish.
It's hard to tell in the picture, but I made a last minute change in the stair design, in the interest of "value engineering", and I hate it. We will have to change it. I'll write more about the design changes, mine, and a few my contractor made, in a later post.
Have a wonderful weekend!