Google+ House Revivals: Grade AA Crafting

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Grade AA Crafting

Here is a glimpse of a Grade AA ornament idea that bounced around in my brain every morning at breakfast time for nearly twenty years -- that's a lot of brain bouncing!


Today I will share a little before and after, and save the tutorial for a later post.

For years, every time I opened up an eighteen count carton of eggs, the inside top of the carton would make me happy.  Of course, the beautiful texture of the cardboard  was part of the reason, but there was something else....

I would say to people "that looks just like four little old-fashioned cars"....

... and they would look at me like I was crazy.

So, one day I decided to show every one that there really were four little cars in every egg carton!

These little ornaments make great hostess gifts, teacher gifts, or baby gift tie-ons,  and can be adapted to suit any holiday.  I've even made several "just married" versions of the little car as wedding gift tie-ons!

It didn't take long to realize there were little planes hiding in the cartons, too.
And sailboats, and canoes, and even a few kayaks, but we'll save those for another post!

I'm linking this post to Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple.  Click here to see lots of great ideas and projects!
It is also linked to Alphabe-Thursday at Jenny Matlock's blog, and Thrifty Decor Chick's Before and After Party.
I'm joining Kara's Look What I Made party and Just Something I Whipped Up, at the Girl Creative.
This post is also linked to It's So Very Thrifty, at It's So Very Cheri.